Pharmaceutical Research and Manufacturers of America (PhRMA) is seeking a Director of Application Support and Business Intelligence for its Information Technology team. The Director of Application Support and Business Intelligence will collaborate with internal staff to administer and provide business intelligence for the organization’s financial management and CMS applications.
The Director will:
- Manage and administer business systems, including a new Finance system launching in January (D365/Microsoft Dynamics) and an evolving CRM platform (currently Microsoft Dynamics);
- Manage integrations with other applications, including but not limited to HR systems (payroll, benefits and wellness) and Content Management;
- Work with staff PhRMA-wide to determine business needs, define requirements, and perform process analysis;
- Identify ways to improve efficiencies in processes and operations via the systems;
- Manage reporting and analytics tools, including Management Reporter, SSRS and Power BI;
- Create ad hoc queries, build custom and interactive reports, and publish dashboards;
- Extract and analyze data from systems;
- Investigate and resolve data issues across platforms and applications, maintain quality control, resolve data problems, and analyze system changes for quality assurance;
- Manage cloud software vendor relationships;
- Train staff on business system applications.
Key Success Factors
PhRMA seeks a self-motivated, hands-on, and enthusiastic individual with a strong work ethic for this role. The individual should be an innovative and collaborative leader who can communicate, cooperate and build consensus across PhRMA to ensure successful operations and service delivery. The candidate must provide a high level of consistent and reliable customer service; have strong interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate effectively with technical and non-technical colleagues.
Professional Experience / Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent knowledge and experience;
- Experience with financial management and CRM systems;
- Experience in creating queries, reports, and dashboards using native reporting tools, SSRS, and Power BI;
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills;
- Ability to explain technical concepts to a non-technical audience;
- Ability to handle multiple responsibilities in a dynamic environment;
- Ability to work across departmental boundaries;
- Must be available as needed after hours and on weekends to facilitate planned maintenance as well as address emergency problems.
- Background in or knowledge of business and financial management concepts;
- Experience in the nonprofit/trade association environment.
Who we are
The Pharmaceutical Research and Manufacturers of America (PhRMA) represents the country’s leading innovative biopharmaceutical research companies, which are devoted to discovering and developing medicines that enable patients to live longer, healthier and more productive lives. Since 2000, PhRMA member companies have invested more than half a trillion dollars in the search for new treatments and cures, including an estimated $58.8 billion in 2015 alone.
What we offer
In addition to a highly competitive salary, generous 401(k) employer contribution and a platform of extensive benefits, PhRMA is committed to the development and overall wellbeing of our team members. We offer traditional (medical, dental, vision, flexible spending, life, AD&D, LTD, STD, LTC) and enhanced benefits such as parental leave, health advocate service, back-up childcare, commuting and financial & estate planning benefits.
Certified as a CEO Cancer Gold Standard employer by the CEO Roundtable and having been named one of Washington’s Healthiest Employers, PhRMA provides a fitness subsidy, on-site fitness facility and fitness classes, an annual health fair and extensive employee wellness seminars, events and challenges.
We are committed to the growth and development of our team members and offer many learning opportunities such as tuition reimbursement at both the undergraduate and graduate levels, industry on-site and off-site training, PhRMAcademy lunch and learn sessions, presentation skills, performance management and other management/professional develop programs. Corporate social responsibility is also important to us at PhRMA. Our team members participate in organization-wide community service activities and charitable athletic events.
We are committed to supporting our family of professionals at PhRMA and strive to create programs that help our team members manage the challenges of balancing a fast-paced career with their own personal goals.
Equal Opportunity Employer
PhRMA provides equal employment opportunities to all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, family responsibilities, genetic information, disability, matriculation, political affiliation or veteran status in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment.
Send resume and salary requirement for consideration to: firstname.lastname@example.org