Pharmaceutical Research and Manufacturers of America (PhRMA) is seeking an Executive Assistant for its Legal team to lead the administrative and office support to the PhRMA Law Department and the Executive Vice President and General Counsel.
The Executive Assistant will:
- Serve as lead Executive Assistant in providing executive and administrative support to the Executive Vice President and General Counsel, Vice Presidents and other Law department staff.
- Coordinate all correspondence and reports, and prepare informational binders and presentation materials for the Law Section Executive Committee.
- Continuously identify ways to provide more efficient operations and provide opportunities for team building and professional development among administrative staff.
- Serve as lead liaison to all general counsel administrative staff in member companies, coordinating scheduling, identifying appropriate legal resources, and efficiently moving documentation between PhRMA and member companies.
- Schedule and coordinate appointments, meetings, conference calls and domestic and international travel arrangements for executives and departmental staff. Coordinate Continuing Law Education (CLE) program for department, as applicable.
- Prepare Federal Agency comment documents by thoroughly reviewing, editing, and formatting and then filing them with the Government.
- Track all signatory company certifications with respect to PhRMA codes and principles, and coordinate posting to the PhRMA website.
- Maintain financial records such as expense reports, process invoices for departmental expenditures, and organize contracts for approval, upon request.
- Take the lead in planning and coordinating departmental meetings and events, including with member companies and external stakeholders; oversee all meeting planning tasks and logistics, etc.
- Supervise other administrative staff, as needed.
Key Success Factors
PhRMA seeks a proactive, confident and action-oriented individual who is passionate about contributing to the health care challenges we face today. Key success factors for this role include a strong sense of team and collaborative focus. The preferred candidate will bring a strong level of flexibility and resiliency, and be an organized, detail-oriented, self-starter with excellent editing skills. Demonstrated consensus building, decision-making and interpersonal skills are essential. This is a visible, fast-paced position that is both internally and externally facing. Accordingly, the successful candidate should be adaptable, able to reprioritize and shift gears quickly, comfortable in a high-pressure environment and politically savvy, diplomatic, responsive, and mature.
Professional Exerpience / Requirements
- High School Diploma required; some college education or bachelor’s degree preferred
- A minimum of 3+ years assisting a senior level executive preferably in a legal environment and in an environment requiring the handling of confidential information and documents
- Excellent communications skills, both verbal and written, including good editing skills
- Strong interpersonal skills, diplomacy and ability to work as a member of a team
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously
- Ability to work well under pressure
- Strong computer skills should include Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.) web, and database management
- Previous experience working with financial administrative tasks, such as financial reports and processing invoices
- Ability to work independently as well as lead and assist other support staff, while exercising good judgment
- Ability to do some basic research; preferably have a basic understanding of legal research, processes and court filings
Who we are
The Pharmaceutical Research and Manufacturers of America (PhRMA) represents the country’s leading innovative biopharmaceutical research companies, which are devoted to discovering and developing medicines that enable patients to live longer, healthier and more productive lives. Since 2000, PhRMA member companies have invested more than half a trillion dollars in the search for new treatments and cures, including an estimated $65.5 billion in 2016 alone.
Connect with PhRMA
For information on how innovative medicines save lives, please visit:
What we offer
In addition to a highly competitive salary, generous 401(k) employer contribution and a platform of extensive benefits, PhRMA is committed to the development and overall wellbeing of our team members. We offer traditional (medical, dental, vision, flexible spending, life, AD&D, LTD, STD, LTC) and enhanced benefits such as parental leave, health advocate service, back-up childcare, commuting and financial & estate planning benefits.
Certified as a CEO Cancer Gold Standard employer by the CEO Roundtable and having been named one of Washington’s Healthiest Employers, PhRMA provides a fitness subsidy, on-site fitness facility and fitness classes, an annual health fair and extensive employee wellness seminars, events and challenges.
We are committed to the growth and development of our team members and offer many learning opportunities such as tuition reimbursement at both the undergraduate and graduate levels, industry on-site and off-site training, PhRMAcademy lunch and learn sessions, presentation skills, performance management and other management/professional develop programs. Corporate social responsibility is also important to us at PhRMA. Our team members participate in organization-wide community service activities and charitable athletic events.
We are committed to supporting our family of professionals at PhRMA and strive to create programs that help our team members manage the challenges of balancing a fast-paced career with their own personal goals.
Equal Opportunity Employer
PhRMA provides equal employment opportunities to all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, family responsibilities, genetic information, disability, matriculation, political affiliation or veteran status in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment.
Send resume and salary requirement for consideration to: firstname.lastname@example.org