Solutions Architect - IT
Solutions Architect - IT
Pharmaceutical Research and Manufacturers of America’s (PhRMA’s) Administration team is seeking a Solutions Architect within its IT Department.
The Solutions Architect will collaborate with internal staff and consultants to maintain the current platform and deliver new products including providing technical expertise for system transitions, migrations and consolidations. The Solution Architect will provide expert technical guidance on various technical projects ensuring that proposed integrations and solution components are sufficient and compatible with current and future infrastructure. Solution components may include software, servers, storage, networks, user interfaces, security, operational processes, disaster recovery, virtualization, cloud computing and people.
The Solutions Architect is responsible for:
- Participating in planning initiatives pertaining to strategy, application development, systems architectures, future roadmaps and operations;
- Providing recommendations for system architectures that are aligned with PhRMA strategic objectives within the context of existing company architectures and standards;
- Providing a broad enterprise “horizontal view” across all technical disciplines to evaluate interoperability and integration of any solution;
- Creation, support, and maintenance of documentation to assist in systems continuity;
- Working with the IT Support team, internal staff and external vendors to resolve technology issues as needed;
- Working with internal staff and external vendors on various systems maintenance and prevention schedules.
Key Success Factors
PhRMA seeks a proactive and action oriented individual with a strong orientation toward customer service. Key success factors for this role include a strong team and collaborative focus. The preferred candidate will demonstrate strong interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate effectively with technical and non-technical colleagues.
- Bachelor’s degree
- 10+ years of hands-on experience with two or more of the following disciplines: Windows network support including Active Directory/DHCP; MS SQL; MS Exchange; Routers/Switches/Firewalls; Microsoft server/software support; Cisco; Virtualization/SAN (VMWare, etc.); Remote Access solutions (VPN, Citrix, Terminal Services, etc.)
- Demonstrated knowledge of networking/distributed computing environment concepts, principles of routing, client/server programming, and the design of consistent network-wide file system layouts
- Must be available after hours and on weekends
- Preferred enterprise and applications experience in the nonprofit/trade association environment
- Preferred knowledge of cloud computing concepts, various frameworks, data storage implementations and enterprise design
Who we are
PhRMA is a non-profit trade association representing innovative biopharmaceutical research and discovery companies. PhRMA is devoted to advancing public policies in the U.S. and around the world that support innovative medical research, yield progress for patients today and provide hope for the treatments and cures of tomorrow.
Our members are committed to finding tomorrow’s cures and treatments for some of the most serious diseases such as Cancer, Alzheimer ’s disease, Cystic Fibrosis and Parkinson’s.
New medicines are an integral part of the healthcare system, providing doctors and their patients with safe and effective treatment options, extending and improving quality of life.
What we offer
In addition to a highly competitive salary, generous 401(k) employer contribution, and platform of benefits (health, dental, vision, life and AD&D, short and long term disability, long term care, and Metro benefit), PhRMA is committed to the development and overall wellbeing of its staff. We offer tuition reimbursement, industry on-site and off-site trainings, and management development programs. We also engage in organization-wide community service activities and charitable athletic events.
Certified as a CEO Cancer Gold Standard employer by the CEO Roundtable and also considered one of Washington’s Healthiest Employers (as awarded by the Washington Business Journal), PhRMA provides a fitness subsidy, on-site fitness facility and fitness classes, an annual health fair and extensive employee wellness seminars, events and challenges.
We are committed to supporting our staff and strive to create programs that help our team manage the challenges of balancing a fast paced career with personal goals.
Send resume and salary requirement for consideration to: