PhRMA Careers, Senior Director - Alliance Development
Senior Director - Alliance Development
Pharmaceutical Research and Manufacturers of America’s (PhRMA’s) Alliance Development team is seeking a Senior Director to build partnerships and alliances with 3rd party provider groups (e.g., physicians, nurses, medical sub-specialties, pharmacists, nursing care facilities, hospitals, the pharmaceutical supply chain, etc.) in order to engender support for PhRMA’s advocacy objectives. The Senior Director will serve as both a constituency lead for the aforementioned groups and representative organizations and an issue lead on matters such as the Affordable Care Act, Medicare Part D, Sunshine legislation and drug shortages.
The responsibilities of the Senior Director include:
- Build, maintain and continue to enhance relationships with provider groups. Participate in and coordinate frequent meetings with provider organizations in order to foster and maintain strong, effective partnerships. Manage scheduling, agenda development, communication efforts and information-sharing, etc. Develop outreach strategies for advocacy support of target issues and position PhRMA as a resource and partner for provider organizations. Further enhance PhRMA’s presence by attending provider group conferences, meetings and events.
- Project management including tracking issue management strategies and activities for engagement, coordination and management of consultants, development of work-plans including establishment of timelines, assessing risk factors, coordination of meetings/resources, collaboration across PhRMA departments, management of milestones/deliverables, soliciting feedback, and reporting to management on progress.
- Participate in PhRMA internal meetings, including federal steering committee, Washington-based member company representatives, and other meetings regarding target issue areas.
- Bachelor’s degree in political science, public or health policy, or other relevant course of study.
- 5-7 years directly related work experience.
- Good knowledge of the healthcare industry and policies of import to provider organizations.
- Strong understanding of the inner workings of Congress; fluency in legislative affairs and politics.
- Basic understanding of the regulatory process.
- Excellent writing and communication skills. Articulate, patient, poised and an excellent listener.
- Ability to travel approximately 20-25% of time.
- Demonstrated relationship building acumen with third parties.
- Ability to communicate complicated, technical information to a wide variety of audiences.
- Provider organization experience.
- Master’s in health policy, public policy or related discipline.
- Experience as a healthcare practitioner.
Who we are
PhRMA is a non-profit trade association representing innovative biopharmaceutical research and discovery companies. PhRMA is devoted to advancing public policies in the U.S. and around the world that support innovative medical research, yield progress for patients today and provide hope for the treatments and cures of tomorrow.
Our members are committed to finding tomorrow’s cures and treatments for some of the most serious diseases such as Cancer, Alzheimer ’s disease, Cystic Fibrosis and Parkinson’s.
New medicines are an integral part of the healthcare system, providing doctors and their patients with safe and effective treatment options, extending and improving quality of life.
What we offer
In addition to a highly competitive salary, generous 401(k) employer contribution, and platform of benefits (health, dental, vision, life and AD&D, short and long term disability, long term care, and Metro benefit), PhRMA is committed to the development and overall wellbeing of its staff. We offer tuition reimbursement, industry on-site and off-site trainings, and management development programs. We also engage in organization-wide community service activities and charitable athletic events.
Certified as a CEO Cancer Gold Standard employer by the CEO Roundtable and also considered one of Washington’s Healthiest Employers (as awarded by the Washington Business Journal), PhRMA provides a fitness subsidy, on-site fitness facility and fitness classes, an annual health fair and extensive employee wellness seminars, events and challenges.
We are committed to supporting our staff and strive to create programs that help our team manage the challenges of balancing a fast paced career with personal goals.
Equal Opportunity Employer
PhRMA provides equal employment opportunities to all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, family responsibilities, genetic information, disability, matriculation, political affiliation or veteran status in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment.
Send resume and salary requirement for consideration to: firstname.lastname@example.org