PhRMA Careers, Senior Manager – Policy & Research
Senior Manager – Policy & Research
Pharmaceutical Research and Manufacturers of America’s (PhRMA’s) Policy & Research department is seeking a Senior Manger to support the initiatives of the Health Systems team with project management and oversight/development of communications materials and events in support of PhRMA’s policy positions related to assessment of product value and use of medicines.
The Senior Manager is responsible for:
- Issue management: Work with Policy and Research staff on management of priority issues including value assessment, Part B coverage and appropriate use of medicines. Tasks would include monitoring policy development on these issues (i.e., scanning articles, publications, secondary research), and drafting talking points or other PhRMA advocacy materials on these topics.
- Managing projects including: event management, development of communications materials to support PhRMA’s policy positions related to assessment of product value and use of medicines. This includes oversight of projects and consultants, development of work-plans including establishment of timelines, assessing risk factors, coordination of meetings/resources, management of milestones/deliverables, soliciting feedback, management of project budgets and reporting to stakeholders on progress.
- Coordinating efforts of the Health Systems team including: creating systems and processes to optimize the management of team initiatives, coordinating team meetings including agendas, managing the unit’s operating budget/special funds, and supporting other team needs as requested.
- Preparing policy and advocacy communications to raise awareness of and build support for PhRMA policy and advocacy agenda and initiatives with key audiences. Work in close collaboration with PhRMA staff and Policy & Research team members leading policy development and advocacy on various topics.
- 2-5 years of relevant public policy experience.
- Fundamental understanding of the U.S. Healthcare system, including public payers and how medicines are reimbursed.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
- Strong team player.
- Ability to quickly prepare materials and tailor information for different audiences.
- Adaptability and flexibility, ability to respond rapidly to changing imperatives.
- Pharmaceutical industry or Pharmacy experience.
- Experience with Medicare Part D, B or both.
- Experience with comparative effectiveness research and/or value assessment.
Who we are
PhRMA is a non-profit trade association representing innovative biopharmaceutical research and discovery companies. PhRMA is devoted to advancing public policies in the U.S. and around the world that support innovative medical research, yield progress for patients today and provide hope for the treatments and cures of tomorrow.
Our members are committed to finding tomorrow’s cures and treatments for some of the most serious diseases such as Cancer, Alzheimer ’s disease, Cystic Fibrosis and Parkinson’s.
New medicines are an integral part of the healthcare system, providing doctors and their patients with safe and effective treatment options, extending and improving quality of life.
What we offer
In addition to a highly competitive salary, generous 401(k) employer contribution, and platform of benefits (health, dental, vision, life and AD&D, short and long term disability, long term care, and Metro benefit), PhRMA is committed to the development and overall wellbeing of its staff. We offer tuition reimbursement, industry on-site and off-site trainings, and management development programs. We also engage in organization-wide community service activities and charitable athletic events.
Certified as a CEO Cancer Gold Standard employer by the CEO Roundtable and also considered one of Washington’s Healthiest Employers (as awarded by the Washington Business Journal), PhRMA provides a fitness subsidy, on-site fitness facility and fitness classes, an annual health fair and extensive employee wellness seminars, events and challenges.
We are committed to supporting our staff and strive to create programs that help our team manage the challenges of balancing a fast paced career with personal goals.
Equal Opportunity Employer
PhRMA provides equal employment opportunities to all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, family responsibilities, genetic information, disability, matriculation, political affiliation or veteran status in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment.
Send resume and salary requirement for consideration to: