Executive Director, HealthHIV
Brian Hujdich serves as Executive Director of HealthHIV, one of the largest national HIV non-profit organizations, and provides leadership to HealthHIV's staff and Board of Directors, focused on programmatic achievement, fiscal stability, and organizational development. Mr. Hujdich has over twenty-nine years of experience -- primarily in HIV -- in healthcare association management, medical advertising, health care public relations, public policy, and medical education.
At HealthHIV, Brian overseas a diverse portfolio of programs and initiatives, which come together to advance community health and support the integration of HIV into primary care, including the:
- AIDS Education and Training Centers National Center for HIV Care in Minority Communities (AETC NCHCMC),
- Exchange & Engage program addressing Mayors and HIV prevention,
- Fiscal Health program for administrators in organizations receiving Ryan White funding,
- HIV Primary Care Plus performance improvement continuing medical education program for HIV specialists and primary care providers,
- HIV Education and Learning Program (HELP), offering AIDS service and community-based organizations HIV-related education materials to share with clients,
- Health services research, including HealthHIV’s Annual State of HIV Primary Care survey.
Prior to leading HealthHIV, Mr. Hujdich served as Deputy Executive Director of the American Academy of HIV Medicine and, before that, Vice President, Account Director, of Medicus (Publicis) where he supervised consumer and professional advertising and medical education for numerous HIV treatments and diagnostics, including: Efavirenz, Atazanavir, and Trugene. Mr. Hujdich also worked in the healthcare practice at several major public relations firms (Ketchum, Hill & Knowlton and Burson-Marsteller) where he managed numerous HIV product introductions (including: Didanosine, Stavudine, and Nevirapine) and worked with a variety of HIV/AIDS service organizations, AIDS community-based organizations, and non-profit agencies.