Myrl Weinberg, FASAE, CAE
CEO, National Health Council,
Myrl Weinberg is chief executive officer of the National Health Council (NHC), the only organization of its kind that provides a united voice for the more than 133 million people living with chronic diseases and disabilities and their family caregivers. Made up of more than 100 national health-related organizations and businesses, the NHC’s core membership includes the nation’s leading patient advocacy groups, which control its governance. Other members include professional and membership associations, nonprofit organizations with an interest in health, and major pharmaceutical, medical device, health insurance, and biotechnology companies.
Weinberg’s extensive career has focused on health care delivery, medical research, long-term care, and related issues that affect people with chronic conditions. She has testified repeatedly before Congress and federal regulatory bodies and is a frequent speaker on the patient perspective in health policy.
Weinberg has a long history of board and committee service. Among her many appointments, she is currently a member of the following:
- National Institutes of Health NCATS Cures Acceleration Network Review Board
- Institute of Medicine Value Incentives Learning Collaborative, an activity of the Roundtable on Value & Science-Driven Health Care
- Center for Information and Study on Clinical Research Participation Board of Advisors
- Robert Wood Johnson Foundation’s Aligning Forces for Quality Program National Advisory Committee
- Brookings Active Surveillance Implementation Council
- Roche International Science and Ethics Advisory Group
Weinberg has also served on the National Library of Medicine Board of Regents’ Working Group on Clinical Trials; the Observational Medical Outcomes Partnership Executive Board;
the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services National Advisory Council for Healthcare Research and Quality; and the Governing Board of the International Alliance of Patients’ Organization.