PhRMA is seeking an Executive Assistant for the PhRMA State Advocacy department. This position will provide direct support to the two department Vice Presidents and additional team members.
The Executive Assistant will:
- Support two department Vice Presidents:
- Coordinate and manage the daily schedules of the VPs, which will at times include responding to after-hours requests;
- Schedule and manage travel arrangements for VPs;
- Manage and ensure completion of expense reports in a timely fashion;
- Manage email as directed by the VPs;
- Assist in compliance with required compliance-related tasks, including lobbying laws.
- Schedule and coordinate departmental meetings and teleconferences, working with IT staff to ensure effective audio/visual connections;
- Arrange for external visitors, including appropriate building access;
- Take the lead in planning and coordinating logistics for departmental meetings and events, including with member companies and external stakeholders;
- Continuously identify ways to provide more efficient administrative processes;
- Assist as requested with State Section and other meeting preparation;
- Contract preparation and invoice processing;
- Membership database management;
- Back-up other administrative team members as needed;
- Intermittent front desk coverage during receptionist break times.
Key Success Factors
PhRMA seeks a proactive, confident and action-oriented individual who is passionate about contributing to the health care challenges we face today. Key success factors for this role include a strong sense of team and collaborative focus. The preferred candidate will bring a strong level of flexibility and resiliency, and be an organized, detail-oriented self-starter. Demonstrated consensus building, decision-making and interpersonal skills are essential. This is a visible, fast-paced position that is both internally and externally facing. Accordingly, the successful candidate should be adaptable; able to reprioritize and shift gears quickly between multiple tasks; able to anticipate needs of others; comfortable in a high-pressure environment; and diplomatic, positive, responsive, and mature.
Professional Experience / Requirements
- High School Diploma required; some college education or bachelor’s degree preferred
- A minimum of 3+ years assisting a senior level executive preferably in a legal environment and in an environment requiring the handling of confidential information and documents
- Excellent communications skills, both verbal and written, including good editing skills
- Strong interpersonal skills, diplomacy and ability to work as a member of a team
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously
- Ability to work well under pressure
- Strong computer skills should include Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.) web, and database management
- Previous experience working with financial administrative tasks, such as financial reports and processing invoices
- Ability to work independently as well as lead and assist other support staff while exercising good judgment
- Ability to do basic research
Who we are
The Pharmaceutical Research and Manufacturers of America (PhRMA) represents the country’s leading innovative biopharmaceutical research companies, which are devoted to discovering and developing medicines that enable patients to live longer, healthier, and more productive lives. Since 2000, PhRMA member companies have invested more than $600 billion in the search for new treatments and cures, including an estimated $71.4 billion in 2017 alone.
Connect with PhRMA
For information on how innovative medicines save lives, please visit:
What we offer
In addition to a highly competitive salary, generous 401(k) employer contribution and a platform of extensive benefits, PhRMA is committed to the development and overall wellbeing of our team members. We offer traditional (medical, dental, vision, flexible spending, life, AD&D, LTD, STD, LTC) and enhanced benefits such as parental leave, health advocate service, back-up childcare, commuting and financial & estate planning benefits.
Certified as a CEO Cancer Gold Standard employer by the CEO Roundtable and having been named one of Washington’s Healthiest Employers, PhRMA provides a fitness subsidy, on-site fitness facility and fitness classes, an annual health fair and extensive employee wellness seminars, events and challenges. We are committed to the growth and development of our team members and offer many learning opportunities such as tuition reimbursement at both the undergraduate and graduate levels, industry on-site and off-site training, PhRMAcademy lunch and learn sessions, presentation skills, performance management and other management/professional develop programs. Corporate social responsibility is also important to us at PhRMA. Our team members participate in organization-wide community service activities and charitable athletic events.
We are committed to supporting our family of professionals at PhRMA and strive to create programs that help our team members manage the challenges of balancing a fast-paced career with their own personal goals.
Equal Opportunity Employer
PhRMA provides equal employment opportunities to all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, family responsibilities, genetic information, disability, matriculation, political affiliation or veteran status in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment.
To apply, click on the link below: