Executive Coordinator – Office of the CEO
Pharmaceutical Research and Manufacturers of America (PhRMA) is seeking an Executive Coordinator to support the operations of the Office of the CEO. S/He will report into the Director and will work closely with PhRMA colleagues, member companies and external consultants.
The Executive Coordinator will:
- Assist Director in coordinating and managing the daily schedule of the CEO;
- Engage with the CEO and his guests throughout the day to ensure meetings/calls are facilitated
- in a timely and efficient manner;
- Assist Director in managing the CEO’s correspondence, including organizing and prioritizing. S/He will review and/or proofread correspondence and send on behalf of the CEO, as needed.
- Track expenses, process contracts, purchase orders, check requests, and invoices for the Office
- of the CEO;
- Compile expense information for lobbying reports in coordination with Law and Finance
- Help manage day-to-day operations including phone calls, visitors and materials requests;
- Prepare daily package of materials and publications requiring CEO review;
- Serve as backup to the Director in all day-to-day capacities.
Key Success Factors
PhRMA seeks a collaborative, proactive, self-starter who has a strong team focus paired with the ability
to work independently. The successful candidate for this role will be flexible and responsive, have
excellent interpersonal and communication skills, exceptional attention to detail, strong organizational
skills, and the ability to anticipate/prioritize needs and work effectively under pressure. The successful
candidate will have excellent decision-making skills and be able to make sound judgment calls that best
supports the office of the CEO. This position is highly visible and both internally and externally facing;
accordingly, the role requires exceptional professionalism, maturity, discretion and diplomacy.
- High School Diploma; Bachelor’s preferred
- 5+ years of experience supporting a C-Suite or senior level executive, e.g. Partner, Managing
- Strong MS Office Suite skills;
- Excellent relationship building skills
- Ability to anticipate and prioritize needs for executive being supported;
- Must be a team player and have experience effectively working with other executive/administrative assistants.
Who we are
The Pharmaceutical Research and Manufacturers of America (PhRMA) represents the country’s leading
innovative biopharmaceutical research companies, which are devoted to discovering and developing
medicines that enable patients to live longer, healthier, and more productive lives. Since 2000, PhRMA
member companies have invested more than $600 billion in the search for new treatments and cures,
including an estimated $71.4 billion in 2017 alone.
Connect with PhRMA
For information on how innovative medicines save lives, please visit:
What we offer
In addition to a highly competitive salary, generous 401(k) employer contribution and a platform of extensive benefits, PhRMA is committed to the development and overall wellbeing of our team members. We offer traditional (medical, dental, vision, flexible spending, life, AD&D, LTD, STD, LTC) and enhanced benefits such as parental leave, health advocate service, back-up childcare, commuting and financial & estate planning benefits.
Certified as a CEO Cancer Gold Standard employer by the CEO Roundtable and having been named one of Washington’s Healthiest Employers, PhRMA provides a fitness subsidy, on-site fitness facility and fitness classes, an annual health fair and extensive employee wellness seminars, events and challenges.
We are committed to the growth and development of our team members and offer many learning opportunities such as tuition reimbursement at both the undergraduate and graduate levels, industry on-site and off-site training, and other management/professional development programs. Corporate social responsibility is also important to us at PhRMA. Our team members participate in organization-wide community service activities and charitable athletic events.
We are committed to supporting our family of professionals at PhRMA and strive to create programs that help our team members manage the challenges of balancing a fast-paced career with their own personal goals.
Equal Opportunity Employer
PhRMA provides equal employment opportunities to all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, family responsibilities, genetic information, disability, matriculation, political affiliation or veteran status in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment.
To apply, click on the link below:
PhRMA Job Postings