Senior Business Systems Analyst – IT Department
Pharmaceutical Research and Manufacturers of America (PhRMA) is seeking a positive and engaging Senior Business Systems Analyst for the IT Department to define, develop and implement data-driven solutions in support of operational objectives and efficiency improvements. This role requires technical skills, analytical aptitude, reporting capabilities, intellectual curiosity, and the ability to communicate results effectively.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The Senior Business Systems Analyst is responsible for:
- Leading efforts to research and assess the effectiveness and efficiency of existing processes; and formulating enhancements and improvements to them.
- Via design sessions with stakeholders, identifying opportunities and recommends solutions.
- Providing enterprise application support, including requirements definition, issue investigations, solution recommendations, and data maintenance.
- Translating conceptual user requirements into functional requirements in a clear manner that can be implemented by developers and tested for QA.
- Designing and developing process models, workflows, charts, dashboards and integrations as part of the overall solution.
- Working directly with the client on often complex software and data issues.
- Ensuring compliance across the applications portfolio, in line with financial and regulatory controls.
- Providing coaching and/or training sessions for individuals and teams within the company on the role of business analytics.
Key Success Factors
Key success factors for this role include customer service orientation, strong teamwork and collaboration, interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate effectively with technical and non‐technical colleagues. The Senior Business Systems Analyst is a problem solver and enjoys assisting others. S/he will understand the big picture, consume and rationalize details, think critically, and reason analytically to deliver customer-centric solutions.
Professional Experience / Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent knowledge and experience
- Experience using Microsoft Office Products, especially Excel for analysis tasks
- Experience with Structured Query Language (SQL)
- Familiarity with relational database concepts, and client server concepts
- Understanding of Web services (SOAP, XML, and Restful API)
- Experience in using reporting and analytics tools (Tableau, Power BI, etc.)
- Experience with ERP solutions and familiarity with finance and accounting principles.
- Must be available as needed after hours and on weekends to facilitate planned maintenance as well as address emergency problems
- Ability to troubleshoot, investigate and resolve issues across platforms and applications, maintain quality control, resolve data problems, and analyze system changes for quality assurance
- Experience working with cross-functional teams to determine business needs, define requirements, and perform process analysis
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
Who we are
The Pharmaceutical Research and Manufacturers of America (PhRMA) represents the country’s leading innovative biopharmaceutical research companies, which are devoted to discovering and developing medicines that enable patients to live longer, healthier and more productive lives. Since 2000, PhRMA member companies have invested more than $900 billion in the search for new treatments and cures, including an estimated $79.6 billion in 2018 alone.
Connect with PhRMA
In addition to a highly competitive salary and bonus program, various opportunities for reward and recognition and a platform of extensive benefits, PhRMA is committed to the development and overall wellbeing of our team members. We offer traditional (medical, dental, vision, flexible spending, life, AD&D, LTD, STD, LTC) and enhanced benefits such as parental leave, a wellbeing program, back-up care, health advocate service, employee assistance program and commuting benefits. We also offer a robust 401k plan with employer contributions upon the first day of hire and immediate vesting, a generous paid time off plan, seven paid holidays (plus inauguration day), half day Fridays preceding holidays and a paid winter break.
We are committed to the growth and development of our team members and offer many learning opportunities including an integrated on-boarding program, best-in-class leadership programming, tuition reimbursement at both the undergraduate and graduate levels, industry on-site and off-site training, and other management/professional development programs. Corporate social responsibility is also important to us at PhRMA. Our team members participate in organization-wide community service activities, fundraising drives and charitable athletic events.
We are committed to supporting our family of professionals at PhRMA and strive to create programs that help our team members manage the challenges of balancing a fast-paced career with their own personal goals.
Equal Opportunity Employer
PhRMA provides equal employment opportunities to all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, family responsibilities, genetic information, disability, matriculation, political affiliation or veteran status in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment.