Senior Manager – Finance – Principal Financial Analyst
Pharmaceutical Research and Manufacturers of America’s (PhRMA) is seeking a Principal Financial Analyst to support its Finance efforts.
The Principal Financial Analyst will work closely with PhRMA-wide internal customers and colleagues within the Administration team to assess reporting needs, conceive of and develop reports and conduct financial and business analyses. This individual will be responsible for preparing financial reports and statements to support GAAP reporting requirements and act as a liaison between financial system developers and system users, ensuring the accuracy of the financial information and to provide the right tools. The Principal Financial Analyst will also manage special projects to meet PhRMA’s strategic priorities and to improve financial operations.
The Principal Financial Analyst is responsible for:
- Creating reports from detailed and complex financial information along with focused and audience-appropriate summary materials to support PhRMA’s activities. Providing meaningful materials to all levels within the organization in a way that can be easily understood by non-financial readers.
- Coordinating the development of budgets and forecasts across PhRMA. Providing information and assisting PhRMA staff with budget and forecast preparation. Balancing, compiling and entering budget data for several key departments along with monitoring and evaluating budgets for appropriateness to ensure accountability, timelines and meeting deliverables.
- Partnering with assigned departments to monitor actual vs. budgeted spend, scheduling and attending review meetings on a regular basis and analyzing and organizing financial data into meaningful formats. Identifying financial discrepancies and resolving inquiries while also working with Power BI developer to create periodic and ad hoc reports.
- The Principle Financial Analyst will also work with Power BI developer to create analyses and tools to inform the business partners while minimizing the overall level of effort of non-Finance staff on Finance-related activities. They will also be responsible for reviewing department reports and contracts for accuracy, completeness and conformity to policy.
- Participating in cross-departmental projects representing the Finance department. Serving as a project manager for finance driven initiatives. The Principle Financial Analyst will also be responsible for the successful initiation, planning, design, execution, monitoring, controlling and closure of special projects to meet PhRMA’s strategic initiatives and priorities and to improve internal financial processes and operations.
Key Success Factors
PhRMA seeks an independent, proactive self-starter who has strong analytical and communication skills paired with the ability to work collaboratively with colleagues across PhRMA. The successful candidate for this role will have strong organizational skills, demonstrate agility for new systems and procedures, be adaptable to changing priorities, and able to work effectively under pressure.
Professional Experience / Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Finance or Accounting.
- 5-8 years of experience demonstrating career progression, increase in responsibility and complexity of work.
- Exceptional report writing acumen and ability to create analytical reality from vision.
- Experience working with tables, charts, graphs, snapshots, talking points, presentation materials and/or summary reports.
- Strong systems orientation and demonstrated experience with advanced Excel, MS-Query, standard software applications and knowledge of financial databases.
- Thorough understanding of principles and techniques of budget and forecast preparations, administration, technical writing and related record keeping.
- Strong analytical, organization skills and detail-orientation.
- Strong customer service focus, approachable, collaborative, patient and team-oriented.
- Ability to collaborate at all levels of the organization from entry-level to senior management and executives.
Who we are
The Pharmaceutical Research and Manufacturers of America (PhRMA) represents the country’s leading innovative biopharmaceutical research companies, which are devoted to discovering and developing medicines that enable patients to live longer, healthier and more productive lives. Since 2000, PhRMA member companies have invested more than $900 billion in the search for new treatments and cures, including an estimated $79.6 billion in 2018 alone.
Connect with PhRMA
For information on how innovative medicines save lives, please visit:
What we offer
In addition to a highly competitive salary and bonus program, various opportunities for reward and recognition and a platform of extensive benefits, PhRMA is committed to the development and overall wellbeing of our team members. We offer traditional (medical, dental, vision, flexible spending, life, AD&D, LTD, STD, LTC) and enhanced benefits such as parental leave, a wellbeing program, back-up care, health advocate service, employee assistance program and commuting benefits. We also offer a robust 401k plan with employer contributions upon the first day of hire and immediate vesting, a generous paid time off plan, seven paid holidays (plus inauguration day), half day Fridays preceding holidays and a paid winter break.
We are committed to the growth and development of our team members and offer many learning opportunities including an integrated on-boarding program, best-in-class leadership programming, tuition reimbursement at both the undergraduate and graduate levels, industry on-site and off-site training, and other management/professional development programs. Corporate social responsibility is also important to us at PhRMA. Our team members participate in organization-wide community service activities, fundraising drives and charitable athletic events.
We are committed to supporting our family of professionals at PhRMA and strive to create programs that help our team members manage the challenges of balancing a fast-paced career with their own personal goals.
Equal Opportunity Employer
PhRMA provides equal employment opportunities to all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, family responsibilities, genetic information, disability, matriculation, political affiliation or veteran status in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment.