Pharmaceutical Research and Manufacturers of America (PhRMA) is seeking a Senior Manager for its Policy and Research Value-Driven Healthcare team to support research and analysis related to the movement towards linking payment to value in the United States health care system.
The individual will report to a Director, Policy and Research and will work closely with staff across the organization and member companies to develop PhRMA policy positions and strategy on issues related to these areas.
The Senior Manager will:
- Monitor, organize, analyze, and distill academic literature, government data, and other publicly available information on drug policy issues, such as: value-based contracting, Medicare Part B payment and delivery, hospital use and spending on medicines, and value assessment.
- Produce and contribute to a broad range of policy and advocacy materials related to drug pricing and patient access and federal and private health care programs, ensuring all advocacy materials reflect the strongest evidence and analysis.
- Collaborate with and support the public affairs team on development of PhRMA press materials and background information on research and policy proposals.
- Assure rapid response to requests for information about policy impacts from member companies, PhRMA leadership, and colleagues, under tight timelines.
- Develop strong relationships with member companies, consultants and colleagues PhRMA- wide to understand advocacy goals/objectives and manage issues proactively.
Key Success Factors
PhRMA seeks a collaborative, proactive self-starter who is passionate about access to medicines and contributing to the healthcare challenges we face today. The preferred candidate will bring expertise in analyzing healthcare data and reports, and be focused, organized, detail-oriented, responsive, and diplomatic. Key success factors for this role include strong interpersonal skills and team focus paired with the ability to work independently and under short timelines. The successful candidate should be adaptable, able to reprioritize, and shift gears quickly and be comfortable in a high-pressure, fast-paced environment.
Professional Experience / Requirements
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Economics, Finance, Statistics, Epidemiology, Public Policy, Health Policy or related field
- 1+ years healthcare research and experience managing third party research efforts
- Comfort with reviewing and interpreting analytical reports and data
- Excellent writing and editing skills
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Excellent quantitative analysis skills and experience with statistical software, such as SAS or Stata
- Expertise in Microsoft Office products, particularly Excel and PowerPoint.
- Coordination and organization of research strategy
Connect with PhRMA
For information on how innovative medicines save lives, please visit:
What we offer
In addition to a highly competitive salary, generous 401(k) employer contribution and a platform of extensive benefits, PhRMA is committed to the development and overall wellbeing of our team members. We offer traditional (medical, dental, vision, flexible spending, life, AD&D, LTD, STD, LTC) and enhanced benefits such as parental leave, health advocate service, back-up childcare, commuting and financial & estate planning benefits.
Certified as a CEO Cancer Gold Standard employer by the CEO Roundtable and having been named one of Washington’s Healthiest Employers, PhRMA provides a fitness subsidy, on-site fitness facility and fitness classes, an annual health fair and extensive employee wellness seminars, events and challenges. We are committed to the growth and development of our team members and offer many learning opportunities such as tuition reimbursement at both the undergraduate and graduate levels, industry on-site and off-site training, and other management/professional development programs. Corporate social responsibility is also important to us at PhRMA. Our team members participate in organization- wide community service activities and charitable athletic events.
We are committed to supporting our family of professionals at PhRMA and strive to create programs that help our team members manage the challenges of balancing a fast-paced career with their own personal goals.
Equal Opportunity Employer
PhRMA provides equal employment opportunities to all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, family responsibilities, genetic information, disability, matriculation, political affiliation or veteran status in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws governing non- discrimination in employment.
To apply, click on the link below: