Support Desk Manager
Pharmaceutical Research and Manufacturers of America (PhRMA) is seeking a service-oriented Support Desk Manager to join its Information Technology team. The Support Desk Manager is responsible for leading the Support Desk function for the organization. This individual will interface directly with users to identify and resolve Tier 1 and Tier 2 issues, as well as coordinate contracted resources dedicated to providing end user support. The successful candidate should be self-motivated, able to learn quickly, and provide stellar customer support. This is a contract position through December 2020 with the potential to be hired as a full time PhRMA employee.
The Support Desk Manager will:
- Serve as the primary resource for Tier 1/Tier 2 support for a geographically disparate user base
- Manage contract resources performing Tier 1/Tier 2 support
- Lead triage analysis to troubleshoot, assess risk, and resolve/escalate tickets
- Coordinate support with other functional leads to facilitate quick resolution of issues
- Coordinate support for Microsoft Office 365, Intune, JAMF, Duo, etc. processes
- Perform new hire set-up for accounts/devices and on-boarding activities including new hire IT orientation training
- Perform off-boarding tasks, including disabling accounts, archiving data, retrieving and processing equipment, etc.
- Create, update, and maintain IT process documentation and internal knowledge base articles
- Resolve VoIP requests and assist with virtual meeting support as needed
- Assist with the accurate reporting of IT metrics and statistics
- Manage IT asset tracking and ensure adequate equipment inventory remains in stock
Key Success Factors
PhRMA seeks a proactive and action-oriented individual with a strong orientation toward customer service. Key success factors for this role include a strong team and collaborative focus, interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate effectively with technical and non‐technical colleagues. PhRMA operates a mixed Windows and Mac workstation environment.
Professional Experience / Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent knowledge and experience
- Minimum 5+ years of IT support
- Experience with both Windows and Mac devices
- Experience with Microsoft Intune, JAMF and Duo MFA
- Experience providing executive level support
- Experience supporting Office 365, Active Directory, and Microsoft Office suite tools
- Ability to operate all office equipment including but not limited to: computers, telephones, copy machines, fax machines, printers, etc.
- Strong customer relationship and problem-solving skills (independent and able to adjust to changing priorities)
- Ability to interpret client needs, proactively identify issues, and coordinate resolutions
- Solid communication skills and ability to explain technical concepts to a non-technical audience
- Willingness to wear multiple hats and demonstrate go-getter attitude
Who we are
The Pharmaceutical Research and Manufacturers of America (PhRMA) represents the country’s leading innovative biopharmaceutical research companies, which are devoted to discovering and developing medicines that enable patients to live longer, healthier and more productive lives. Since 2000, PhRMA member companies have invested more than $900 billion in the search for new treatments and cures, including an estimated $79.6 billion in 2018 alone.
Connect with PhRMA
What we offer
In addition to a highly competitive salary and bonus program, various opportunities for reward and recognition and a platform of extensive benefits, PhRMA is committed to the development and overall wellbeing of our team members. We offer traditional (medical, dental, vision, flexible spending, life, AD&D, LTD, STD, LTC) and enhanced benefits such as parental leave, a wellbeing program, back-up care, health advocate service, employee assistance program and commuting benefits. We also offer a robust 401k plan with employer contributions upon the first day of hire and immediate vesting, a generous paid time off plan, seven paid holidays (plus inauguration day), half day Fridays preceding holidays and a paid winter break.
We are committed to the growth and development of our team members and offer many learning opportunities including an integrated on-boarding program, best-in-class leadership programming, tuition reimbursement at both the undergraduate and graduate levels, industry on-site and off-site training, and other management/professional development programs. Corporate social responsibility is also important to us at PhRMA. Our team members participate in organization-wide community service activities, fundraising drives and charitable athletic events.
We are committed to supporting our family of professionals at PhRMA and strive to create programs that help our team members manage the challenges of balancing a fast-paced career with their own personal goals.