Pharmaceutical Research and Manufacturers of America (PhRMA) is seeking a Systems Engineer to join its Information Technology team. The Systems Engineer will maintain the organization’s on-premise and cloud infrastructure, contribute to new infrastructure projects, and provide hands-on/white-glove support to our 250+ users in our DC headquarters, 12 small US regional offices, and 3 small international offices.
The Systems Engineer will:
- Support the ongoing maintenance of existing IT infrastructure – end user devices (PCs and Macs); server & network support, patching and monitoring; systems back-ups; etc.
- Provide system administration (installation, support, monitoring, and updating) for Microsoft technologies currently in use including: Windows Server 2016 through 2019, Active Directory (AD), Group Policy, Autopilot, Office365, Endpoint Manager/Intune, and Azure
- Plan and deploy on-premise and remote infrastructure, inclusive of networking equipment, servers as well as services with a focus on business continuity and disaster recovery
- Perform regular patching of laptop/server/networking equipment through automated and manual processes to ensure the security and integrity of existing as well as new technologies/services
- Assist with maintaining the integrity of systems by proactively monitoring and acting on service impacting issues
- Coordinate with multiple service providers to ensure delivery of services and resolve issues in an expedient manner
- Prepare and maintain systems and processes documentation
- Write and maintain custom scripts to increase system efficiency and lower the human intervention time on any administration tasks
- Provide a high-level of Tier 1, 2 and 3 technical support to both internal users and partners/members
- Be available after-hours and on weekends to facilitate network and systems upgrades and maintenance as well as address emergency network problems, as needed
Key Success Factors
PhRMA seeks a proactive and action-oriented individual with a strong orientation toward customer service. Key success factors for this role include a strong team and collaborative focus, interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate effectively with technical and non‐technical colleagues. PhRMA operates a mixed Windows and Mac workstation environment with a focus on utilizing cloud technologies where feasible.
Professional Experience / Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
- 7+ years of hands‐on system administration experience with the following: Microsoft Windows server/network support including Active Directory/DHCP/DNS; Azure Active Directory; Microsoft O365 suite including extensive experience in Exchange Online and Endpoint Manager/Intune; routers/switches/firewalls; and remote access solutions such as VPN
- Demonstrated knowledge of networking/distributed computing environment concepts, principles of routing, and client/server programming
- Demonstrated understanding of security/access privileges through the use of security groups, ACLs, ACEs, etc.
- Demonstrated experience installing/configuring/supporting on-premise and Azure infrastructure-as-a-service computing platforms
- Demonstrated experience supporting a mixed Windows and Mac environment
- Demonstrated experience with JAMF or Endpoint Manager/Intune for Mac management
- Ability to handle multiple service providers and ensure collaboration among them
- Experience deploying user equipment through imaging technologies
- Demonstrated experience with patch management, application packaging for deployment, and vulnerability remediation/assessment
- Demonstrated experience in the investigation/resolution of spam/phishing/malware incidents
- Demonstrated experience with supporting server back-ups for traditional hardware and virtualized environments
- Demonstrated experience and/or familiarity with TCP/IP, NTP, TFTP, DNS, DHCP
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Ability to adjust to changing priorities and project deadlines
- Solid verbal and written communication skills
- Microsoft Certifications, such as Office 365 MCSA or MCSE
- Experience with Meraki enterprise switches and wireless access points
- Experience with Palo Alto firewall technologies
- Experience with Autopilot/imaging technologies
- Experience with PowerShell scripting
- Experience with Dell PowerEdge server hardware
- Experience with Apple MacBook Pro laptops
- Experience with Dell and Lenovo laptops
Who we are
The Pharmaceutical Research and Manufacturers of America (PhRMA) represents the country’s leading innovative biopharmaceutical research companies, which are devoted to discovering and developing medicines that enable patients to live longer, healthier and more productive lives. Since 2000, PhRMA member companies have invested more than $900 billion in the search for new treatments and cures, including an estimated $79.6 billion in 2018 alone.
Connect with PhRMA
What we offer
In addition to a highly competitive salary and bonus program, various opportunities for reward and recognition and a platform of extensive benefits, PhRMA is committed to the development and overall wellbeing of our team members. We offer traditional (medical, dental, vision, flexible spending, life, AD&D, LTD, STD, LTC) and enhanced benefits such as parental leave, a wellbeing program, back-up care, health advocate service, employee assistance program and commuting benefits. We also offer a robust 401k plan with employer contributions upon the first day of hire and immediate vesting, a generous paid time off plan, seven paid holidays (plus inauguration day), half day Fridays preceding holidays and a paid winter break.
We are committed to the growth and development of our team members and offer many learning opportunities including an integrated on-boarding program, best-in-class leadership programming, tuition reimbursement at both the undergraduate and graduate levels, industry on-site and off-site training, and other management/professional development programs. Corporate social responsibility is also important to us at PhRMA. Our team members participate in organization-wide community service activities, fundraising drives and charitable athletic events.
We are committed to supporting our family of professionals at PhRMA and strive to create programs that help our team members manage the challenges of balancing a fast-paced career with their own personal goals.
Equal Opportunity Employer
PhRMA provides equal employment opportunities to all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, family responsibilities, genetic information, disability, matriculation, political affiliation or veteran status in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment.