A New Negotiation: Moving Payment for Medicines from Volume to Value
Across the health care system there is a movement to better pay for services based on outcomes. America's biopharmaceutical companies discussed ways the private prescription medicine marketplace can evolve to produce and reward better value for patients.
- Stephen J. Ubl -- President & CEO, Pharmaceutical Research and Manufacturers of America (PhRMA)
- Clifford A. Hudis, MD -- CEO, American Society of Clinical Oncology
- Tanisha Carino, Ph.D. -- Vice President, U.S. Public Policy, GlaxoSmithKline
- Samuel Nussbaum, MD -- Senior Fellow, USC Schaeffer Center for Health Policy and Economics; Former CMO, Anthem, Inc
- Marc M. Boutin, JD -- CEO, National Health Council
- Patricia J. Goldsmith -- CEO, CancerCare
Thursday, February 23, 2017
9:00 a.m. - 10:30 a.m.
729 15th St NW (1st floor)
Washington, DC 20005
Watch the event recap:
Sponsored by The Value Collaborative, an initiative of America's biopharmaceutical companies
About The Value Collaborative
Biopharmaceutical Innovation is advancing faster than ever before, and we need to make sure we have a payment and reimbursement system that is as innovative as the medicines. This is why the biopharmaceutical industry launched The Value Collaborative to bring researchers, caregivers, patients, payers and policymakers together to advance solutions that will enable the private sector to lead the move toward a value-driven health care system.