Innovation Day 2019
PhRMA Innovation Day convened over 175 digital health stakeholders, including member company R&D, regulatory, and digital leadership alongside patient groups, investors, key opinion drivers, and policy makers to chart the potential for the digitalization of the healthcare ecosystem. Captured by targeted media outlets, speakers from Vas Narasimhan (Novartis CEO) to Amy Abernathy (FDA Deputy Commissioner and Chief Information Officer) told the story of pharmaceutical innovation to benefit patient through digital health. Senior leadership from AbbVie, Takeda, AstraZeneca, and Novartis joined discussions with key partners from Friends of Cancer Research and National Health Council; digital thought leaders from Uber, IBM, Verily, and Facebook along with Representative Greg Walden also contributed to a robust day of discussion lead by former HHS Secretary Mike Leavitt.
- Amy Abernethy, principal deputy commissioner, U.S. Food and Drug Administration
- Freddy Abnousi, head of healthcare and research, Facebook
- Jani Ahonala, CEO, Noona (acquired by Varian)
- Jeff Allen, president & CEO, Friends of Cancer Research
- Marc Boutin, CEO, National Health Council
- David Bradley, EVP solutions, r4 Technologies
- Nancy Dreyer, chief scientific officer and global chief of scientific affairs, IQVIA
- Chris Gibson, co-founder and CEO, Recursion Pharmaceuticals
- Scott Gottlieb, former FDA commissioner
- Anne Heatherington, SVP, head of data sciences institute, Takeda
- Rob Kowalski, EVP, head of regulatory affairs and U.S. head of development, Novartis
- Gov. Mike Leavitt, former secretary of HHS
- Jesus Mantas, managing partner, global strategy & innovation, IBM Services
- Rich Moscicki, chief medical officer and EVP, Science and Regulatory Advocacy, PhRMA
- Vasant (Vas) Narasimhan, CEO, Novartis
- Eric Peacock, CEO, MyHealthTeams
- Rob Scott, VP development and chief medical officer, AbbVie
- Dan Trigub, head of Uber Health, Uber
- Rep. Greg Walden (R-OR), House Energy & Commerce Committee Ranking Member
Innovation Day Event Video
PhRMA Innovation Day convened over 175 digital health stakeholders, including member company R&D, regulatory, and digital leadership alongside patient groups, investors, key opinion drivers, and policy makers to chart the potential for the digitalization of the healthcare ecosystem.
Watch the video of the event here.