Innovation Pipeline: Examining Modern Medicine
With changing technological advances as part of its DNA, San Francisco is turning its attention to medicine. As it does, ideas sourced by nearby talent pools and ample venture capital investment will strengthen the innovation pipeline bringing about new breakthroughs in medicine.
In the third event of the “Examining Modern Medicine” series, The Atlantic will gather stakeholders, original thinkers and trailblazers from the nation’s innovation capital to explore what it means to put the bio into biotech. Where is the industry headed and what are the moonshots coming out of the Bay Area that could change the world of medicine?
Tuesday, August 1 at 8:00am PT
511 Harrison Street
San Francisco, CA 94105
- Robert Califf, Advisor, Verily Life Sciences; Professor of Medicine, Duke University; Former FDA Commissioner
- Leon Chen, Venture Partner, OrbiMed Advisors
- Carol Gallagher, Partner, NEA
- Cary Gunn, CEO and Founder, Genalyte
- Sean Harper, Executive Vice President, Research and Development, Amgen
- Nils Lonberg, Senior Vice President, Oncology Discovery Biology, Bristol-Myers Squibb
- Gabriel Otte, CEO and Co-Founder, Freenome
- Sara Radcliffe, President and CEO, California Life Sciences Association