Prioritizing Patients: A Discussion on Outcomes-Based Care
The rapidly changing health care landscape in the United States is witnessing a transition from a volume-based to a value-based reimbursement structure. In the process, patient care is also changing.
What steps are biopharmaceutical companies, insurers, and providers taking to create a more value-driven health care system? Is there a role that policymakers can or should play to ensure that this approach improves outcomes and what are the implications for patients?
On June, 13, 2017, The Hill convened policymakers, health industry representatives, and patient advocates for a conversation about the impact of outcomes-based care.
- Senator Bill Cassidy (R-LA), member, Senate Committee on Health, Education, Labor & Pensions
- Congresswoman Doris Matsui (D-CA), member, House Energy and Commerce Committee
- Liz Fowler, vice president, Global Health Policy, Johnson & Johnson
- Patrick Geraghty, CEO, GuideWell and Florida Blue
- Marilyn Serafini, health care policy consultant
- Pamela Sutton-Wallace, CEO, University of Virginia Medical Center
- Stephen J. Ubl, president and CEO, PhRMA
- Cynthia Zagieboylo, president and CEO, National Multiple Sclerosis Society
- Bob Cusack, editor-in-chief, The Hill
- Kim Dixon, policy editor, The Hill