Pharmaceutical Research and Manufacturers of America (PhRMA) is seeking a Deputy Vice President of Information Technology.
The Deputy Vice President (DVP) of Information Technology (IT) will provide leadership in designing, developing and implementing IT initiatives to support the organization’s overall strategic priorities. Responsibilities include but are not limited to, influencing and directing the IT infrastructure and applications evolution to ensure key business strategies and processes are driven by systems that enable change, growth and nimbleness. The DVP must ensure the IT infrastructure is reliable, secure, cost efficient and strategically sound, reflecting business needs and best practices in creating value for the organization and the end users.
The DVP will:
- Work closely and collaborate within the organization to evaluate needs, identify and propose new information technologies and systems to improve organization processes and decision making;
- Drive cross-functional collaboration through the IT Team;
- Provide oversight of software solutions, data management and analysis, network, cyber security, and hardware and telecommunications infrastructure;
- Manage both on premise and cloud environments;
- Lead enterprise architecture efforts to ensure integration and interoperability;
- Ensure the creation and maintenance of system and user manuals, license agreements, and documentation of modifications and upgrades;
- Diligently monitor for changes and stay current with the latest technologies, recommend new technology implementation solutions that would improve organization functions and create operational efficiencies;
- Negotiate and ensure compliance with vendor agreements, consultant contracts, and service agreements;
- Consistently develop, review, and maintain policies, procedures and best practices, including providing written protocols and guidance to IT staff and to end-users;
- Develop, track and manage IT Department user support metrics and accurately provide reporting on metrics;
- Manage, motivate, and develop all staff within the IT Team to meet the changing needs of the organization.
Key Success Factors
PhRMA seeks a proactive and action oriented individual with a strong orientation toward customer service. Key success factors for this role include a strong team and collaborative focus, interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate effectively with technical and non?technical colleagues. The successful candidate must also be a clear and succinct technical writer and be able to translate user wants/needs into business cases, RFPs, requirements documents, project plans and outcome assessments.
- BA / BS required in Computer Science, Information Technology or a related field;
- 15+ years of experience in information technology, with at least 6 years in a leadership role;
- Experience with O365;
- Must have experience in the operation of virtualized technical environments;
- Experience in both on premise and cloud computing platforms such as AWS or Azure;
- Must have deep experience in vendor product evaluation, contract negotiation, and procurement;
- Ability to handle multiple responsibilities in a dynamic environment;
- Ability to work across departmental boundaries to mobilize;
- Ability to develop and manage budgets and service level agreements.
- Nonprofit/trade association experience;
- Experience with financial management and CRM software.
Who we are
The Pharmaceutical Research and Manufacturers of America (PhRMA) represents the country’s leading innovative biopharmaceutical research companies, which are devoted to discovering and developing medicines that enable patients to live longer, healthier and more productive lives. Since 2000, PhRMA member companies have invested more than half a trillion dollars in the search for new treatments and cures, including an estimated $58.8 billion in 2015 alone.
Connect with PhRMA
For information on how innovative medicines save lives, please visit:
What we offer
In addition to a highly competitive salary, generous 401(k) employer contribution and a platform of extensive benefits, PhRMA is committed to the development and overall wellbeing of our team members. We offer traditional (medical, dental, vision, flexible spending, life, AD&D, LTD, STD, LTC) and enhanced benefits such as parental leave, health advocate service, back-up childcare, commuting and financial & estate planning benefits.
Certified as a CEO Cancer Gold Standard employer by the CEO Roundtable and having been named one of Washington’s Healthiest Employers, PhRMA provides a fitness subsidy, on-site fitness facility and fitness classes, an annual health fair and extensive employee wellness seminars, events and challenges. We are committed to the growth and development of our team members and offer many learning opportunities such as tuition reimbursement at both the undergraduate and graduate levels, industry on-site and off-site training, PhRMAcademy lunch and learn sessions, presentation skills, performance management and other management/professional develop programs. Corporate social responsibility is also important to us at PhRMA. Our team members participate in organization-wide community service activities and charitable athletic events.
We are committed to supporting our family of professionals at PhRMA and strive to create programs that help our team members manage the challenges of balancing a fast-paced career with their own personal goals.
Equal Opportunity Employer
PhRMA provides equal employment opportunities to all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, family responsibilities, genetic information, disability, matriculation, political affiliation or veteran status in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment.
Send resume and salary requirement for consideration to: firstname.lastname@example.org