Pharmaceutical Research and Manufacturers of America’s (PhRMA’s) Finance team is seeking a Senior Director of Accounting focused on the oversight of internal audits/controls and disbursements.
The Senior Director will be responsible for the management of specific general accounting functions, compliance requirements, policies/procedures and internal audits and controls. This individual will maintains critical vendor relationships and interfaces, manage and mentor two direct and two indirect PhRMA staff, and perform all such duties in relation to PhRMA, PhRMA Foundation, RxResponse and PhRMA’s other affiliated entities.
The Senior Director is responsible for:
- Management of day-to-day accounting operations for Accounts Payable, Travel & Entertainment, Cash Receipts and Payroll including review of reconciliations, journal entries and closing processes associated with these functional areas. This individual is responsible for ensuring appropriate segregation of duties and internal controls with people and systems within their functional areas of responsibility.
- Management and oversight of accounting compliance requirements including internal audits, internal control reviews, development of new Accounting policies and maintenance of existing Accounting policies and procedures, 1099/W2 reporting, DC sales tax filings, assisting with the compilation for the annual 990 filing, payroll matters, annual census surveys and filings, quarterly lobbying calculations, annual IRS lobbying compilation, and related reporting to member companies.
- Providing project management and technical/functional leadership for special projects including system implementations, enhancements and upgrades, policy reviews, process re-engineering, creating and updating standard operating procedures.
- Management of the PhRMA vehicle fleet program and business insurance functions coordinating with PhRMA staff across the globe to ensure their business needs are addressed and met in accordance with organizational protocols.
- Managing, mentoring and coordinating the workload of direct reports, external vendors and consultants. Serving as a customer service role model and developing business partnerships with PhRMA staff, member companies and key finance vendors. Ensuring backup for all roles/responsibilities within functional purview. Managing the development of direct reports and ensuring that team members are receiving both challenging projects as well as training/development opportunities.
- Works closely with the Director General Accounting and serves as their backup as required.
- CPA certification
- 6-10 years of progressively responsible roles in finance and accounting
- 3+ years of experience managing staff
- Not-for profit experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills
- Analytical and systems orientation
- Demonstrated leadership and teamwork
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively
- Excellent judgment/decision-making abilities
- Public Accounting experience
- Previous Trade Association experience
Who we are
PhRMA is a non-profit trade association representing innovative biopharmaceutical research and discovery companies. PhRMA is devoted to advancing public policies in the U.S. and around the world that support innovative medical
for patients today and provide
for the treatments and cures of tomorrow.
Our members are committed to finding tomorrow’s cures and treatments for some of the most serious diseases such as Cancer, Alzheimer ’s disease, Cystic Fibrosis and Parkinson’s.
New medicines are an integral part of the healthcare system, providing doctors and their patients with safe and effective treatment options, extending and improving quality of life.
What we offer
In addition to a highly competitive salary, generous 401(k) employer contribution, and platform of benefits (health, dental, vision, life and AD&D, short and long term disability, long term care, and Metro benefit), PhRMA is committed to the development and overall wellbeing of its staff. We offer tuition reimbursement, industry on-site and off-site trainings, and management development programs. We also engage in organization-wide community service activities and charitable athletic events.
Certified as a CEO Cancer Gold Standard employer by the CEO Roundtable and also considered one of Washington’s Healthiest Employers (as awarded by the Washington Business Journal), PhRMA provides a fitness subsidy, on-site fitness facility and fitness classes, an annual health fair and extensive employee wellness seminars, events and challenges.
We are committed to supporting our staff and strive to create programs that help our team manage the challenges of balancing a fast paced career with personal goals.
Equal Opportunity Employer
PhRMA provides equal employment opportunities to all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, family responsibilities, genetic information, disability, matriculation, political affiliation or veteran status in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment.
Send resume and salary requirement for consideration to: