Pharmaceutical Research and Manufacturers of America (PhRMA) is seeking a Senior Director of Talent Acquisition for the Human Resources team to lead talent acquisition, employer branding and build an exceptional candidate experience.
The Senior Director of Talent Acquisition will be responsible for:
- Strategic planning for the function and participation in HR planning processes;
- Supporting strategic change by driving key initiatives to include; development of innovative sourcing strategies, building an internship and alumni program, increasing the utilization of current ATS and providing recommendations for greater technology adoption, etc.;
- Develop and drive the EVP (Employee Value Proposition) initiative and create an Employer Branding program. Develop and deliver internal and external employer branding strategies to establish and build PhRMA’s employer profile;
- Lead full life-cycle recruiting for select roles;
- Manage relationships with third party search firms and consultants;
- Produce regular branded communications to clients on Talent Acquisition services and initiatives;
- Build talent pipeline and forge strong relationships with senior level and highly specialized candidates for mission critical positions;
- Ensure appropriate reporting is in place and conceive measures and plans to continuously improve the level of service provided to clients;
- Reengineer a comprehensive new hire onboarding and assimilation program;
- Build and cultivate a network with industry contacts, association memberships, universities, trade groups and employees to maximize PhRMA’s profile among these groups, as well as to gain external perspectives and best practices that can leveraged within the organization.
Key Success Factors
PhRMA seeks a proactive, confident and action-oriented talent professional who is passionate about recruiting for top talent to contribute to health care challenges we face today. Key success factors for this role include a demonstrated track record of success building and executing recruitment strategies and supporting systems to create an exceptional candidate experience. The preferred candidate will bring substantive recruitment and human resources expertise with innovative, forward leaning best practices to help the organization build upon its high performing culture. Demonstrated ability to leverage industry intelligence, influence key stakeholders and build collaborative relationships is essential. This is a highly visible role and one that requires an agile talent professional who is equally comfortable working across both strategic and operational aspects of the role. Accordingly, the successful candidate should be adaptable, able to reprioritize and shift gears quickly, be comfortable in a demanding environment and be politically savvy, diplomatic, and responsive.
Professional Experience / Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree;
- 10+ years of experience in human resources with specialization and knowledge across the full breadth of the talent landscape;
- Ability to elevate the function to develop and execute innovative recruiting strategies targeting high demand specialty candidates;
- Experience working with EVP models and linkage to improving the employee experience and engagement;
- Ability to drive results while maintaining respect and integrity for building consensus;
- A results-oriented team player - business, political and/or trade association experience preferred with a keen understanding of organizational operations/dynamics;
- Ability to be an influential relationship manager and solutions partner with key clients and leverage market and industry intelligence to inform and shape strategies and decisions;
- Ability to inspire confidence within the organization.
Who we are
The Pharmaceutical Research and Manufacturers of America (PhRMA) represents the country’s leading innovative biopharmaceutical research companies, which are devoted to discovering and developing medicines that enable patients to live longer, healthier and more productive lives. Since 2000, PhRMA member companies have invested more than half a trillion dollars in the search for new treatments and cures, including an estimated $58.8 billion in 2015 alone.
Connect with PhRMA
For information on how innovative medicines save lives, please visit:
What we offer
In addition to a highly competitive salary, generous 401(k) employer contribution and a platform of extensive benefits, PhRMA is committed to the development and overall wellbeing of our team members. We offer traditional (medical, dental, vision, flexible spending, life, AD&D, LTD, STD, LTC) and enhanced benefits such as parental leave, health advocate service, back-up childcare, commuting and financial & estate planning benefits.
Certified as a CEO Cancer Gold Standard employer by the CEO Roundtable and having been named one of Washington’s Healthiest Employers, PhRMA provides a fitness subsidy, on-site fitness facility and fitness classes, an annual health fair and extensive employee wellness seminars, events and challenges.
We are committed to the growth and development of our team members and offer many learning opportunities such as tuition reimbursement at both the undergraduate and graduate levels, industry on-site and off-site training, PhRMAcademy lunch and learn sessions, presentation skills, performance management and other management/professional develop programs. Corporate social responsibility is also important to us at PhRMA. Our team members participate in organization-wide community service activities and charitable athletic events.
We are committed to supporting our family of professionals at PhRMA and strive to create programs that help our team members manage the challenges of balancing a fast-paced career with their own personal goals.
Equal Opportunity Employer
PhRMA provides equal employment opportunities to all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, family responsibilities, genetic information, disability, matriculation, political affiliation or veteran status in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment.
Send resume and salary requirement for consideration to: firstname.lastname@example.org