Pharmaceutical Research and Manufacturers of America (PhRMA) is seeking a Senior Manager of End User Support to collaborate with internal staff and external partners to provide quality customer service to PhRMA employees and ensure streamlined and reliable operation computer systems. This individual is responsible for procuring, deploying and managing Windows and Mac client devices and software; as well as supporting users of these devices. The individual should be able to communicate, cooperate and build relationships with users to ensure successful operations and service delivery. PhRMA operates a mixed Windows and Mac workstation environment.
The Senior Manager of End User Support is responsible for:
- Supporting the deployment of hardware and peripherals (PC/Macs, printers, monitors, etc.);
- Providing end user Windows and Mac support; Microsoft office applications
- Supporting the installation, maintenance, configuration, and integrity of computer software;
- Maintaining equipment in working order, including computers, office phones and mobile devices;
- Maintaining IT inventory of equipment and peripherals (PC/Macs, printers, monitors, etc.);
- Providing proactive client interaction and support, including onboarding and off boarding of staff, resolution of issues and incidents, training, and user guides;
- Ensuring effective support is provided through standard processes for incidents and problems, working closely with internal staff and external vendors to assist with root cause analysis and resolution;
- Providing a high level of consistent and reliable customer service;
- Providing back-up Tier 1 and Tier 2 support;
- Being available after hours and on weekends to facilitate upgrades and maintenance as well as address emergency problems.
Key Success Factors
PhRMA seeks a proactive and action oriented individual with a strong orientation toward customer service. Key success factors for this role include a strong team and collaborative focus, interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate effectively with technical and non?technical colleagues. The successful candidate must also be able to manage and coordinate work among various service providers.
Professional Experience / Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent knowledge and experience;
- Must have experience managing both Windows and Mac devices;
- Experience with Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint);
- Prior helpdesk experience;
- Experience in providing high-touch customer experience;
- Comprehensive knowledge of the principles and capabilities of computer hardware and software;
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills; ability to explain technical concepts to a non-technical audience;
- Ability to handle multiple responsibilities in a dynamic environment;
- Preferred experience with Skype for Business, SharePoint, Citrix, VPN;
- Preferred experience in the nonprofit/trade association environment;
Who we are
The Pharmaceutical Research and Manufacturers of America (PhRMA) represents the country’s leading innovative biopharmaceutical research companies, which are devoted to discovering and developing medicines that enable patients to live longer, healthier and more productive lives. Since 2000, PhRMA member companies have invested more than half a trillion dollars in the search for new treatments and cures, including an estimated $58.8 billion in 2015 alone.
What we offer
In addition to a highly competitive salary, generous 401(k) employer contribution and a platform of extensive benefits, PhRMA is committed to the development and overall wellbeing of our team members. We offer traditional (medical, dental, vision, flexible spending, life, AD&D, LTD, STD, LTC) and enhanced benefits such as parental leave, health advocate service, back-up childcare, commuting and financial & estate planning benefits.
Certified as a CEO Cancer Gold Standard employer by the CEO Roundtable and having been named one of Washington’s Healthiest Employers, PhRMA provides a fitness subsidy, on-site fitness facility and fitness classes, an annual health fair and extensive employee wellness seminars, events and challenges.
We are committed to the growth and development of our team members and offer many learning opportunities such as tuition reimbursement at both the undergraduate and graduate levels, industry on-site and off-site training, PhRMAcademy lunch and learn sessions, presentation skills, performance management and other management/professional develop programs. Corporate social responsibility is also important to us at PhRMA. Our team members participate in organization-wide community service activities and charitable athletic events.
We are committed to supporting our family of professionals at PhRMA and strive to create programs that help our team members manage the challenges of balancing a fast-paced career with their own personal goals.
Equal Opportunity Employer
PhRMA provides equal employment opportunities to all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, family responsibilities, genetic information, disability, matriculation, political affiliation or veteran status in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment.
Send resume and salary requirement for consideration to: email@example.com