Pharmaceutical Research and Manufacturers of America (PhRMA) is seeking a Senior Manager for its Policy and Research team to support research and analysis on trends in U.S. health care expenditures, with a focus on prescription drug costs and spending.
The individual will report to the Senior Director, Policy and Research and will work closely with staff across the organization to support development of PhRMA policy positions and strategy on issues related to health care cost growth This role requires extensive collaboration across PhRMA and with member companies.
The Senior Manager will:
- Produce and contribute to a broad range of policy and advocacy materials on public and private health care programs, cost and insurance trends, ensuring all advocacy materials reflect the strongest evidence and analysis;
- Assure rapid response to requests for information about cost trends from member companies, PhRMA leadership and colleagues, under tight timelines;
- Monitor, analyze and distill academic literature, government data, and other publicly available information on costs, coverage, and spending, working in coordination with the Policy team;
- Collaborate with and support the communications team on development of PhRMA press materials and background information on cost trends;
- Manage research projects with academic partners and external consultants;
- Actively engage and advocate on PhRMA’s behalf with the policy community, academics and government agencies;
- Develop strong relationships with member companies, consultants and colleagues PhRMA-wide to understand advocacy goals/objectives and manage issues proactively.
Key Success Factors
PhRMA seeks a collaborative, proactive self-starter who is passionate about access to medicines and contributing to the healthcare challenges we face today. Key success factors for this role include strong interpersonal skills and team focus paired with the ability to work independently and under short timelines. The preferred candidate will bring expertise in healthcare and/or pharmaceutical industry research, familiarity with analyzing economic and quantitative data, and be focused, organized, detail-oriented, responsive and diplomatic. The successful candidate should be adaptable, able to reprioritize and shift gears quickly and be comfortable in a high-pressure, fast-paced environment.
Professional Experience / Requirements
- Master’s degree in Economics, Finance, Statistics, Epidemiology, Health Policy or related field;
- 1+ years healthcare research and experience managing third party research efforts;
- Excellent writing and editing skills;
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Strong understanding of HHS, Congress and federal health policy process;
- Experience in federal government or related advocacy environment.
Who we are
The Pharmaceutical Research and Manufacturers of America (PhRMA) represents the country’s leading innovative biopharmaceutical research companies, which are devoted to discovering and developing medicines that enable patients to live longer, healthier and more productive lives. Since 2000, PhRMA member companies have invested more than half a trillion dollars in the search for new treatments and cures, including an estimated $58.8 billion in 2015 alone.
What we offer
In addition to a highly competitive salary, generous 401(k) employer contribution, and platform of benefits (health, dental, vision, life and AD&D, short and long term disability, long term care, and Metro benefit), PhRMA is committed to the development and overall wellbeing of its staff. We offer tuition reimbursement, industry on-site and off-site trainings, and management development programs. We also engage in organization-wide community service activities and charitable athletic events.
Certified as a CEO Cancer Gold Standard employer by the CEO Roundtable and also considered one of Washington’s Healthiest Employers (as awarded by the Washington Business Journal), PhRMA provides a fitness subsidy, on-site fitness facility and fitness classes, an annual health fair and extensive employee wellness seminars, events and challenges.
We are committed to supporting our staff and strive to create programs that help our team manage the challenges of balancing a fast paced career with personal goals.
Equal Opportunity Employer
PhRMA provides equal employment opportunities to all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, family responsibilities, genetic information, disability, matriculation, political affiliation or veteran status in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment.
Send resume, cover letter and salary requirement for consideration to: Andrew Zalman firstname.lastname@example.org