Pharmaceutical Research and Manufacturers of America (PhRMA) is seeking a Senior Director of Infrastructure and Operations.
The Senior Director of Infrastructure and Operations will lead internal staff and external consultants to design and maintain the organization’s infrastructure and security. The Senior Director of Infrastructure and Operations will provide expert guidance on and ensures the availability, integrity and security of network operations, server and workstation management, backups and disaster recovery, telecommunications, on premise and cloud computing, and helpdesk support. This is a hands-on position, and supervises one employee and multiple service providers. This position reports directly to the CIO.
The Senior Director of Infrastructure and Operations is responsible for:
- Planning and directing the design, deployment, and implementation of on premise and cloud technology infrastructure, including information security, network administration, device management, system architecture, telecommunications, and business continuity and disaster recovery;
- Developing and documenting best practices, standards, “as built” diagrams, network segmentation and configuration, and security operations;
- Responsible for providing a high-level of Tier 1, 2 and 3 customer support;
- Supporting a mixed client Windows and Mac environment;
- Managing multiple service providers and ensuring seamless coordination among them;
- Supervising and mentoring junior staff;
- Developing and managing service level agreements;
- Communicating to the organization network and systems downtime, changes, and new services;
- Being available after hours and on weekends to facilitate network and systems upgrades and maintenance as well as address emergency network problems.
Key Success Factors
PhRMA seeks a proactive and action oriented individual with a strong orientation toward customer service. Key success factors for this role include a strong team and collaborative focus, interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate effectively with technical and non?technical colleagues. The successful candidate must also be able to manage and coordinate work among various service providers. PhRMA operates a mixed Windows and Mac workstation environment.
Professional Experience / Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent knowledge and experience;
- 8+ years of hands?on system administration experience with the following: Windows network support including Active Directory/DHCP; O365; Routers/Switches/Firewalls; antivirus, Microsoft server/software support; VoIP, remote access solutions (VPN, Citrix, etc.);
- Demonstrated knowledge of networking/distributed computing environment concepts, principles of routing, client/server programming, and the design of consistent network?wide file system layouts;
- Experience in both on premise and Azure computing platforms;
- Ability to handle multiple service providers and ensure collaboration among them;
- Experience working in a mixed Windows and Mac environment;
- Ability to develop and manage service level agreements;
- Supervisory experience.
Who we are
The Pharmaceutical Research and Manufacturers of America (PhRMA) represents the country’s leading innovative biopharmaceutical research companies, which are devoted to discovering and developing medicines that enable patients to live longer, healthier and more productive lives. Since 2000, PhRMA member companies have invested more than half a trillion dollars in the search for new treatments and cures, including an estimated $58.8 billion in 2015 alone.
Connect with PhRMA
For information on how innovative medicines save lives, please visit:
What we offer
In addition to a highly competitive salary, generous 401(k) employer contribution and a platform of extensive benefits, PhRMA is committed to the development and overall wellbeing of our team members. We offer traditional (medical, dental, vision, flexible spending, life, AD&D, LTD, STD, LTC) and enhanced benefits such as parental leave, health advocate service, back-up childcare, commuting and financial & estate planning benefits.
Certified as a CEO Cancer Gold Standard employer by the CEO Roundtable and having been named one of Washington’s Healthiest Employers, PhRMA provides a fitness subsidy, on-site fitness facility and fitness classes, an annual health fair and extensive employee wellness seminars, events and challenges.
We are committed to the growth and development of our team members and offer many learning opportunities such as tuition reimbursement at both the undergraduate and graduate levels, industry on-site and off-site training, PhRMAcademy lunch and learn sessions, presentation skills, performance management and other management/professional develop programs. Corporate social responsibility is also important to us at PhRMA. Our team members participate in organization-wide community service activities and charitable athletic events.
We are committed to supporting our family of professionals at PhRMA and strive to create programs that help our team members manage the challenges of balancing a fast-paced career with their own personal goals.
Equal Opportunity Employer
PhRMA provides equal employment opportunities to all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, family responsibilities, genetic information, disability, matriculation, political affiliation or veteran status in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment.
Send resume and salary requirement for consideration to: firstname.lastname@example.org