Mary Linda Andrews
Ms. Andrews is Director, Community Partnerships, at GSK, one of the world’s leading pharmaceutical and healthcare companies. GSK is committed to improving the quality of human life by enabling people to do more, feel better and live longer. For company information, please visit www.gsk.com.
Ms. Andrews is responsible for the Community Partnerships programs at GSK’s headquarters site in the U.S (Research Triangle Park, NC.) and in Philadelphia, PA. She has worked in organic chemistry and human resources prior to her position in community partnerships. Formerly, she was a teacher and banker.
Ms. Andrews received her bachelor degree from Ohio University and completed management training at the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill Graduate School of Business Administration and the London Business School.
Ms. Andrews was given The Old North State Award by the Governor of North Carolina. The Award is presented to outstanding North Carolinians who have a proven record of at least 25 years of exemplary service and commitment to the state and their community. This was for her service in K-12 education, focused on dropout prevention, 21st century skills, STEM education, and helping ensure that students leave high school ready for college, career, and life.
- North Carolina Delegation – ACHIEVE: American Diploma Project
- Board of Directors & former Chair- North Carolina Business Committee for Education, Governor’s Office
- Board of Directors - North Carolina Public School Forum
- Board of Advisors and Health & Life Science Industry Innovation Council – North Carolina New Schools
- Board of Directors - North Carolina Communities in Schools
- Board of Advisors – University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill Morehead Planetarium and Science Center
- CEO Advisory Council – North Carolina Center for Nonprofits
- Philadelphia Education Fund – Math and Science Coalition
- Superintendent’s Business Advisory Council, Durham Public Schools
- Association of Corporate Contributions Professionals
- Committee Encouraging Corporate Philanthropy
- Conference Board’s Contributions Council II