Read More About Medicines in Development for Cancer
Medicines in Development for Cancer
America’s biopharma research companies are testing 981 medicines and vaccines to fight the many types of cancer affecting millions of patients worldwide. All of the medicines are either in clinical trials or awaiting review by the Food and Drug Administration (FDA).
Over the last few decades, remarkable progress in biopharma R&D has led to steady improvements in cancer survivorship rates in the U.S. According to the CDC, there were 11.7 million cancer survivors in the U.S. in 2007, up from 9.8 million in 2001 and 3 million in 1971. The increase in survivors is attributed in large measure to earlier diagnosis and detection, and better treatments and follow-up care.
- Read More About Medicines in Development for Cancer
- Media Release: Nearly 1,000 Medicines in Development to Help in the Fight Against Cancer
- 2012 Report: Nearly 1,000 Medicines and Vaccines in Testing Offer Hope in the Fight Against Cancer (PDF)
- Read the Report Executive Summary
- Map: Cancer Across the United States
- Backgrounder: Selected Medicines in Development for Cancer
- 1 of 19
- next ›